The National Honor Society at Living Rock Academy
Our 2020 NHS inductees
The National Honor Society is made up of students who not only qualify academically for the
organization, but also have a heart for serving others. Students create and develop service
projects for our community as well as the surrounding areas.
To be eligible for membership in LRA’s Judy Watters Chapter of National Honor Society, a candidate must:
- Be a member of the Sophomore, Junior, or Senior class.
- Have attended LRA for one full semester.
- Have a cumulative (unweighted) GPA of 90 in core classes (Social Studies, English, Science, Math, and Bible).
- Be in good standing in non-core classes and electives.
- Participate or have participated in academic extra-curricular contests, such as TAPPS, ACSI, and Robotics, for two years during their high school career.
- Have completed twenty hours of community service per semester (40 per year).
- Maintain good conduct/citizenship in all LRA classes.
If a candidate has met all the above criteria, he/she will complete and application for admission. Additionally, each of the candidates’ teachers will fill out a Student Recommendation Form based on the candidates’ character, leadership, and service. All applications and faculty recommendation forms will be reviewed by the Faculty Council. Results and recommendations of the Faculty Council will be shared with the chapter advisor and administration.