At Living Rock Academy, we are committed to graduate students prepared for the world of tomorrow. All individuals in high school will graduate ready for college and/or a career. Regardless of the direction our students choose, they must make their own decisions and an educational plan must be in place to meet the goals and provide a learning structure. LRA’s High School Internship Work-Study Program allows students to have unpaid internships to prepare for the world of work AND earn high school elective credit. The Texas Education Association permits students to take advantage of flexible hours and flexibility in the number of credits that can be earned. The program also provides documentation which supports Career Based Skills and verification and accountability.
- Parent Approval/signature
- Student Program Acknowledgment Agreement /signature
- Internship/Work-Study Business Partner Approval/signature
- Secondary Principal Approval/signature
- Student’s responsibility to attain their own internship position
- Students may not intern in a business owned or operated by a family member or relative.
Hourly Requirements for Elective Credit (based on the LRA calendar)
- 35 hours per semester = .5 credit
- Plus 5 hours of project preparation
- For this unpaid internship, students must use the provided hourly log-in sheet initialed by the business or agency partner daily and signed by both student and business supervisor at the bottom of the form when submitting to certify the total number of hours worked/logged.
- Hours must be verified during the last week of each of the quarterly grading periods. Special circumstances may be considered.
Career Ready Requirements Used to Determine Student Grades
- Internship Business Partner Rubric (Provided) = quarterly grades
- Semester Presentation Rubric (Provided) = semester exam grade
Click here for the Internship Form