Student Dress Code
Uniform Dress Code
Through the Dress Code, LRA wants to convey the dignity of your student’s education. it is not the intention of LRA to diminish or suppress a student's personality. It is important that the learning environment is not distracting to students. Additionally, a dress code and appropriate grooming is reinforced as a "life skill.” LRA has deliberately and thoughtfully created a uniform code that is simple, affordable, easy to follow and enforce. Put simply, students will need to dress appropriately for their future jobs, and learning to dress with guidelines helps students better prepare for their future. Contrary to what most students think, uniforms actually help to develop individuality and personality. Freed from the shallow means of conforming to whatever is “in,” students can instead proclaim his/her presence through the more meaningful methods of character, actions, reputation and speech.
The LRA uniform policy involves both the school and the home. It is the responsibility of the student to make proper choices which glorify Jesus Christ. It is the responsibility of the parents to help students make the right clothing decision. The teachers will enforce the dress code at LRA in a discreet and respectful manner. (Romans 12:2)
If a variation to the LRA Dress Code causes a distraction or is disruptive to the educational environment of the school, the final determination will be made by the individual school principal. Please contact the school office if you have any questions.
- LRA monogrammed polo in Orange Spice, gray, black (secondary only) or white*
- Denim blue jeans, gray, black or khaki pants or capris (Must be modest fit, no holes, frays or ultra-low rise. No undergarments may be visible.)
- Denim blue, gray, black, or khaki cargo, walking, or Bermuda-length shorts. No athletic or basketball-type shorts. Must be modest fit, no holes, frays, or ultra-low rise, with 7” inseam or longer. No undergarments may be visible.
- Gray skort for girls**
- LRA monogrammed polo dress in Orange Spice for girls**
- LRA monogrammed outerwear in black or gray*
- Shoes must be closed-toe and closed back. No flip-flops, Crocs, sandals or light-up shoes.
- Socks are required. No-show, ankle or crew socks only. Any solid school colors: black, gray, tan, white, orange. No neon colors. No socks with graphic designs, illustrations or wording allowed.
- Only black or gray modesty shorts or leggings under skirts and dresses.
- Orange LRA field trip t-shirt* and jeans for field trips or specific service activities. (this is the same shirt used for 5th-8th PE)**
- If your daughter wears earrings, ONLY small studs are allowed for safety purposes.
- No hats/baseball caps are allowed in the building during school hours.
* Required for all students and must be purchased through LRA’s official uniform provider.
** Is optional, however, if purchased must be purchased through LRA’s official uniform provider.
- Denim blue jeans, (Must be modest in fit, no holes, frays or ultra-low rise. No undergarments may be visible.)
- LRA t-shirt (various options and can be purchased from the school.
- Any hair coloring, including highlights, needs to be a natural color.
- Boys — Hair may not touch the collar and hair in front must be above the eyes.
- Girls — No more than two ear piercings per ear. No spikes, chains, spacers or gauges. Only ear piercings are permitted. Any other piercings need to be left at home and are not acceptable at any school function.
- Boys — May not wear any piercings to school or to any other school function.
PE Uniform (5th-8th grade only)
Athletic shoes are required.
Black Mesh Athletic Gym Shorts purchase through Lands End*
Short Sleeve Essential Orange LRA T-shirt purchased through Lands End*
All jewelry must be removed.
Note: Items such as whistles, jingle bells, or multiple bracelets on one arm that cause excessive noise (clattering, clanking, hitting on the desk or table) will be considered a disruption in the classroom and not allowed.
Land’s End is the official uniform provider of Living Rock Academy. When ordering by phone, catalog or website, please refer to:
Preferred School number: 900168626
By using this number, you will see what clothing styles and colors are available for our school families. A contribution of up to 5% of all sales from the uniform line of Land's End products is given back to LRA.
All uniform items marked by either * or ** must be ordered from Land’s End. While there are options for other uniform items listed on the Land’s End website, it is not required that you purchase these options from Land’s End. Items not marked with * or ** may be purchased anywhere, as long as they meet uniform guidelines.