iPad 2 or higher with up-to-date software will work with the LRA program of studies. However, students will need a model with at least 32 GB of memory. For the 2015-2016 school year, all English, math, science, social studies, and Bible texts are available on the iPad.
In order to use free educational tools from Google, all students will need a gmail account, which is free.
Possible Required Apps
- iBooks – free – used for Literature, Science, Social Studies and Bible texts
- Kno – free – used for Writing and Algebra 1, Geometry, & Algebra 2 texts
- VitalSource – free – used for Precalculus & Calculus texts
- RenWeb – web page – renweb.com
- Pages and Keynote will be provided if the iPad does not automatically have these.
- Dictionary – free
- iTranslate – free, or Google Translate – free, or ConjuVerb Spanish – free
- Edmodo – free
- Kindle – free
- Periodic Table – free
- YouTube – free
- Scan – free
- Dragon Dictation – free
Nice to Have
- Note Taking: Evernote – free or Noteability – $1.99 or Paper Desk – $4.99
- Flashcards: Flashcards Plus – free, or gFlash+ – free
- SAT: free
- Graphing Calculator: free
- ShowMe – free
- JoinMe – free
We strongly recommend a keyboard case so that the iPad can be used as a laptop.